Even if you have acne, you can have beautiful skin AND wear makeup. Here are some tips and tricks to help you have it all while still addressing your acne issues.
- It may be tempting, but never pop your pimples. It often makes inflammation worse and it can lead to scarring.
- Choose “a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer labeled non-comedogenic,” which means it won’t clog your pores, WebMD advises.
“Also look for ingredients like glycerin and hyaluronic acid, which hold moisture in the skin. Avoid heavy, greasy products that contain pimple-producing ingredients like cocoa butter, mineral oil or cold cream.”
- Bustle.com recommends you apply a treatment like Dermalogica Clean Start before you go to bed. “The salicylic acid prevents acne and unclogs your pores, while cucumber reduces redness. You’ll wake up looking radiant with clearer, happier skin.”
- Mineral foundations “keep acne-prone skin happy and healthy, CollegeFashion.net says. “Though they provide less coverage, they are much less likely to clog your pores or cause breakouts.”
- Don’t use your finger to apply benzyl peroxide. Today.com suggests you use “a dedicated eyeliner brush to apply to the spot alone. This will prevent flaking and over-drying the surrounding skin.”
SECRET TIP: TEXT MORE
- “Every time you put your face to your phone, it comes into contact with so many germs and bacteria,” GoodHousekeeping.com says. “So give it a little wipe down each day using a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. Better yet, start sending more texts.”
Need a little extra help? FACES Day Spa offers a Glycolic Peel, which “erases the signs of aging, from fine lines and wrinkles to scars and acneic skin.”
Schedule your appointment today at FACES, 402.384.8400.