If you’ve ever had a facial, you might notice that part of the process includes a cleansing with an automated, rotating brush. It’s a facial cleansing brush.
Today, many companies including Clarisonic, Olay, DDF and DermaNew offer a variety of models that anyone may purchase.
These brushes are meant to supplement your beauty routine at home.
The top 5 benefits of using the automatic, facial cleansing brush include:
1. A deeper cleaning than you can get with water, cleanser and a washcloth
2. Built-in exfoliation as these brushes remove debris and slough off dead skin cells reducing dry skin
3. After using, creams, serums and lotions are better able to penetrate into the skin
4. Helps eliminate blemishes
5. More even distribution of cleanser means products last longer
It’s also helpful to use a brush if you’re exhausted at night and want to get your skin clean faster with less effort.
But lest you think it’s great to use one of these automated facial brushes every day, there could be a few caveats.
Take a break from your brush if you start to notice:
• Breakouts, as it could be a sign you’re brushing too hard or too much
• Your skin starts to feel overly sensitive
• If your skin begins to feel more dry as it could be you’re stripping away too much oil when you clean your face
Prefer to leave it to the experts? Make your appointment for a European Facial today. Call FACES Day Spa at 402.384.8400.