We all know if you get manicures on a regular basis, your nails will look better than if you don’t.
But many of us can’t afford a weekly manicure. So what’s a woman to do if she wants to keep her nails looking their best between spa appointments?
- First and foremost, never chew your nails. This particular habit should be left behind in a hurry.
Need a little help to stop? Paint a clear coat on your nails. When you begin to chew them and get a taste of that clear polish, you’ll stop.
- To keep cuticles moist, wear gloves when you wash dishes or clean the bathtub. Nails that consistently get wet are more prone to split.
- Add moisturizer to your cuticles whenever you put lotion on your hands. Moisturizer helps keep hands and fingernails from drying out, becoming brittle and being more likely to break.
- Apply a clear coat of polish to your nails between manicures. This extra layer will protect the nails by strengthening them.
- Always remove nail polish with nail polish remover that is acetone-free. It’s less harsh than regular remover. And never peel off your polish. You risk peeling off layers of your nail along with it.
- Use a nailbrush to get the dirt and bacteria lodged under the fingernails.
With a little effort between manicures, you can ensure your fingernails look their best until your next manicure.
And when you’re ready to schedule your spa visit, call FACES at 402.384.8400