In our fast-paced, hurry-up world, it may seem like a massage is the last thing you have time for. But it’s something you should make the time to do.
Why? Relaxation is just as important as work, errands, meetings or ferrying kids to and from soccer practice.
Okay, most of us don’t have time to get a daily massage. But if you take the time to relax every month or two, it yields many benefits:
- Reduces your stress
- Refocuses your mind
- Rejuvenates your spirit
- Replenishes your energy level
Five reasons you deserve a massage:
- Your hard work. It’s important to reward yourself after a long project or a long week. Our over-attachment to technology is proven to cause stress. A massage helps you unplug both figuratively and literally.
- Your health will thank you. Relaxation techniques work best when they refocus your attention on something restful and calming.
- You haven’t escaped for awhile. Massages offer a chance to escape, even if it’s only an hour. Treat your massage as a mini-vacation, with no suitcase or passport required.
- Your mind is busy, busy, busy. Our minds always work hard to add tasks to our to-do lists and remind us of all the tasks we still must do. During your massage, you can quiet your mind. The focus is on the healing power of touch, not the cupcakes you must make for your son’s birthday party.
- You feel down. When you get a massage, your body’s natural mood-enhancing chemicals are released. According to com, this includes dopamine, which gives you a natural euphoria. A massage also decreases stress-causing chemicals like cortisol and adrenaline.
What type of massage?
- Swedish Massage: This is the most common type of massage, generally used for relaxation. FACES offers Swedish massages from 30 to 120 minutes long to make it easy to fit into your packed schedule.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Deep Tissue is helpful if you need help with an ongoing back, neck or body issue.
- Hot Stone Massage: Although they are great any time of the year, as we head into winter, hot stone massages are a great way to keep warm while relieving stress. Your therapist uses heated stones prior to and during the massage to help relax your muscles.
Treat yourself to a massage at FACES Day Spa today. Call 402.384.8400 to set up your appointment.